Δευτέρα 5 Μαΐου 2014

Danser's Inferno - Creation One 1973 (Lirs Records)


Label :  Lirs Records

Value :

There was a time when jazz, funk, and soul music meant absolutely nothing to me. I was fifteen when I bought my first garage-sale turntable and listened to my father’s Grateful Dead and Doors albums. Names like Otis Redding, Thelonious Monk, and Parliament were not in my vocabulary. Regardless, after that needle hit its first groove, I was hooked, and I hit the streets in search of new acquisitions.

I convinced an older friend to drive to the Salvation Army one rainy afternoon. After an hour of digging, I was disappointed over the absence of my rock idols on disc, but did walk out clutching one LP whose graffiti-laden cover caught my eye. After one listen at home, my virgin ears unaccustomed to tremendous drum breaks and killer horn production, I filed the record away. A few years later, I stumbled upon an auction of this desirable piece of wax that ended at $1000. Within seconds, I located the diamond in the rough, blew away eons’ worth of dust, and gave John Danser the second chance he deserved.

Creation One offer eight jaw-dropping tracks that are jam-packed with complex and over-the-top horn arrangements, all scribed by Danser, who plays his share of brass on the session. Fourteen unknown musicians make up his troupe, each contributing a dizzying array of talent.

It’s easy to get lost within the depths of this disc, backtracking and dissecting countless breaks. In doing so, the last minute of “Love, the Rhythm of the World” often gets overlooked. Its hushed and quiet beginning belies the climactic peak of Randy Maddison’s vocals over one of the band’s tightest grooves. “Sombre Guitar,” the standout track that excites diggers around the globe, is an upbeat body-mover whose opening dose of horns and congas will get feet shuffling on the dance floor.

Little is known about this enigmatic LP, except for two reissues in 1975: one with an alternate cover on Thimble, and the other an original pressing repackaged with sheet music.  Needless to say, whatever copy you can obtain of this rarity is a keeper, whether you paid one dollar or a thousand.By Wax Poetics

Taste :

Danser's Inferno - Sombre Guitar

Danser's Inferno - Inferno


Download Lp

By Electric Looser

1 σχόλιο:

Guitarradeplastico,scraping oddities είπε...

many thanks, I have only varius tracks youtube ( 2014 ), other research and yeahhhh