Τρίτη 23 Σεπτεμβρίου 2014

I Pyranas - Tanti Successi Per i Pyranas 1969 (RCA)

Label : RCA

Value : from 70 to 130 euros

Original Italian pressing on RCA ARC label (ALPS 11014), from circa 1970. Seldom heard and obscure session from this cult group! I Pyranas were the Italian equivalent of, say, the Ivan Jullien big band and there is even speculation that the 2 were possibly involved in joint projects?!? The name Jullien appears as a writer on the label and this Lp includes Mohawks style hammond tunes, one of which is called Wake the Monster (complete with funky drum breaks on the intro) that is also the name given to a track on Ivan Jullien's Riviera No 1 Lp! Whatever, I Pyranas really were a funky bunch with a psych jazz / mod jazz sound, blasting horn section and they could also sing! Expect raw hammond solos / clipped funky guitar riffs / tuff drumming / groovy congas / psychedelic soul covers / funky mod tunes et al on here! Great stuff for DJs. (taken from ebay vinyl listings).

Taste :

I Pyranas - Wake the monster 


I Pyranas - The Horse



I Pyranas - Simone Simonette



Download Lp

By Electric Looser

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: